d2p is an additive system that provides plastic products with particular anti-microbial benefits through the safe release of silver ions over time that inhibits bacterial growth. Effective solution against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria.
d2p's activity follows 3 distinct stages:
- Penetration of the foreign micro-organism and into the cell body.
- Interaction with enzymes within the cell to deactivate vital molecules.
- Interaction with DNA to prevent cell replication.
d2p additives work with PE, PVC, PS, PET and PP and are used in the following products:
- plastic bags and film
- plastic food packaging, containers and utensils
- waste bins and refuse packaging
- plastic products in medical facilities
d2p additives are generally added at somewhere between 1 and 2%. Products in the range work at conventional processing temperatures without loosing their anti-bacterial properties and have been designed to retain maximum stability whilst in storage and during use. They are also virtually insoluble so its effects are guaranteed to produce the desired results for manufacturers.
Used to prevent cross contamination, healthcare and food industry infections, staining, discoloration, and odour development.